Make restaurant style homemade tomato salsa in under 5 minutes, with this easy recipe. All you need is some chips to dip in and a glass of nice cold margarita!
Any time we go out to eat Mexican food, the kiddo and I order chips, salsa and guacamole. More often then not, we fill ourselves with these and barely have any space left for the real food. But, who cares, right?! Chips and salsa is food too.
I ate the blended salsa at restaurants, loved them, but somehow anytime I made salsa at home it was always the chunky one. Like a tossed salad. Now, I like that too, but somehow, to scoop up with chips, this blended, almost smooth tomato salsa was always the best.
So, how to make restaurant style tomato salsa at home?
It is simple. It is easy. As easy as in 5 minutes. Just put onion, jalapenos, fresh tomatoes, canned fire roasted tomatoes, chili powder, cumin powder, garlic, cilantro, salt, pepper and lime in a food processor and give it a whirl for just under a minute till it is all chunky smooth. Pour into a dipping bowl. Lay out some chips. And tada, it is all ready!
And the best part is, the fire roasted tomatoes, add some nice texture and smokiness to the salsa that goes well with the chili powder. The fresh tomatoes and lime add enough zing that the whole thing tastes fresh even with the canned tomatoes.
Looking for other party, tail gating, football, game day, super bowl, whatever you call it day recipes? here are some:
- Instant Pot Tandoori Chicken Wings
- Taco Spiced Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Jalapeno Cheese Dip
- Skillet Vegetarian Black Bean Nachos
- Baked Garlicky Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Scallion Cilantro HushPuppies
- Smoked Salmon Dip with Capers and Dill
5 Minute Restaurant Style Homemade Tomato Salsa
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes
- ½ yellow onion roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 jalapenos 1 deseeded, 1 as is
- ½ lime
- salt to taste
- crushed black pepper to taste
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tomato roughly chopped
Don't forget to check out Step-by-step instructions with photos in the body of the post above
- Add all the ingredients to the bowl of a food processor. Blitz it for a minute or two, till it all comes together to a chunky smooth texture.Squeeze some more lime after pouring the salsa out to a bowl, to add some more of a fresh zing to it.