Swap out your traditional Egg Salad Sandwich with this healthier and tastier version of Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich, for your and your kid’s lunchboxes.
Sandwiches are an easier lunch option, that is easy to make, easy to eat and stays put more or less intact in your lunch box till lunch time.
Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- 4 slices whole grain bread
- 1 tablespoon butter
For the Avocado Egg Salad
- 1 avocado ripe
- 3 eggs boiled and peeled
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise with avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 2 splashes tabasco sauce
- salt to taste
- fresh crushed black pepper to taste
- lemon juice a squeeze
Don't forget to check out Step-by-step instructions with photos in the body of the post above
- Toast the bread slices on both sides with the butter and keep aside.
- Dice the avocado and the boiled eggs and place them in a large bowl. Add the mustard, mayo, onion, tabasco, lemon juice, salt and pepper and toss well.
- Divide and spread the avocado egg salad on the bread slices and put two slices together to make the sandwich.
Love this recipe? Want to save it for later? Hover over the image below to pin to your favorite Pinterest board.