Swap out your traditional Egg Salad Sandwich with this healthier and tastier version of Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich, for your and your kid’s lunchboxes.
Sandwiches are an easier lunch option, that is easy to make, easy to eat and stays put more or less intact in your lunch box till lunch time.
Key to a great sandwich is the bread, one that is sturdy enough so as to not get soggy from the fillings, but also soft enough that it is easy to eat. I love a baguette for sandwiches, but when it comes to lunchboxes, I prefer sourdough or multi grain bread, which when toasted holds up shape, even until lunch time.
Any other Egg Salad lovers here? Raise your hands please!
I absolutely LOVE a well made egg salad. One that is tangy, creamy and has a bit of heat to it. Yes, I love to put something that adds a little spice or heat, just for that extra dimension in flavor. And this one has avocado in it to make it a little more creamier. The onions add some texture and the avocado mayo used in this has a nice flavor to it that brings out the avocado taste even more.
Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- 4 slices whole grain bread
- 1 tablespoon butter
For the Avocado Egg Salad
- 1 avocado ripe
- 3 eggs boiled and peeled
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise with avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 2 splashes tabasco sauce
- salt to taste
- fresh crushed black pepper to taste
- lemon juice a squeeze
- Toast the bread slices on both sides with the butter and keep aside.
- Dice the avocado and the boiled eggs and place them in a large bowl. Add the mustard, mayo, onion, tabasco, lemon juice, salt and pepper and toss well.
- Divide and spread the avocado egg salad on the bread slices and put two slices together to make the sandwich.
Love this recipe? Want to save it for later? Hover over the image below to pin to your favorite Pinterest board.
This sandwich looks so delicious and healthy...Looking forward for more such recipes...
Thank you Aravind!