Welcome fall with this delightful Butternut Squash and Goat Cheese Galette made easy with puff pastry.
This post is sponsored by Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry. All opinions are my own.
Fall is here and so are the fall bounties. One of my most favorite fall vegetable is the Butternut Squash. Way more than pumpkin anything. Recently I had the combo of butternut squash and goat cheese in some dish at a restaurant and I loved it so much, that I tucked away the combo reference for future use in my brain.
The future was not too far and I used it to make an amazing dinner for us over the weekend.
Whenever I thought of galette, I always think of something sweet. Something that is made painstakingly. The image that comes to my mind is someone working with the pastry dough in the kitchen, for hours and covered in flour.
I love spending a lot of time in the kitchen, but that’s not my idea of a weeknight dinner and definitely not my idea of time spent on just one dish. If I spent that much time in the kitchen, I am getting out with a refrigerator full or at least 5-6 dishes to last us a few meals.
That’s where the Puff Pastry magic comes in. I used Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry as my dough for this savory galette, that took me way less time than it would have to make my own pie dough and the flaky delicious crust made it so much more delightful. Trust me, you guys, it takes so less time to make this. Once you have the thawed Puff Pastry Sheets ready for you, all you need is mix up the filling, roll out the Puff Pastry Sheet, add the filling, do a rough fold over the top, bake and ta-da, dinner is ready!!
Butternut Squash Goat Cheese Galette
- 1 Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheet thawed
- 1 lb butternut squash cubes
- 5-6 mini sweet peppers deseeded and chopped
- ½ yellow onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 4 oz goat cheese crumbles
- 4 sage leaves chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon alll purpose flour for dusting
- Pre heat oven to 400F
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the butternut squash, onions, peppers, salt, black pepper and olive oil.
- Roll out the Puff Pastry Sheet, dusting flour on both sides, just a little bit, not too thin.
- Add the butternut squash mix to the center of the Puff Pastry Sheet. Top with goat cheese crumbles and sage.
- Fold the Puff Pastry Sheet inside, in a rough manner, to form the shape of a rustic looking galette.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 mins.
- Cool down a little in the baking sheet. Cut and serve immediately, while still hot.