This fresh homemade Strawberry Lemonade is our favorite summer drink. With just four ingredients, it is an easy recipe to make from scratch that your kids will love!
This post contains affiliate links. For more information on this, please refer to my Affiliate and Advertising Disclosure here.
We love making drinks like lemonades and smoothies at home. There is no better taste than fresh homemade drinks made from fresh seasonal ingredients.
The kids love to help to make this easy strawberry lemonade. There are a lot of fun and easy jobs like squeezing the lemons, stirring and pouring (if they are up to it) while making this recipe, that the kids can help out with.
This homemade Strawberry Lemonade is
- Fresh and delicious
- Made with just four real ingredients, there is nothing hidden in this recipe.
- Easy to make
- Kid friendly recipe
Sometimes, when you think of lemonade and how delicious and refreshing it is, you may think it takes a 100 ingredients to make it that perfectly delicious. But truth be told, it is just four ingredients that you need to make this delicious strawberry lemonade.
Strawberry Lemonade ingredients
- Strawberries - fresh organic strawberries that are in season in summer are the best.
- Lemons - fresh lemons that you squeeze then and there is what adds all that tangy flavor to this lemonade. Do not use lemon juice in a bottle.
- Granulated sugar - use organic granulated sugar to make the simple syrup with.
- Water - enough to make the simple syrup and more to add with some ice to make the lemonade.
To make Strawberry Lemonade
- Puree strawberries - hull the strawberries and puree them in a blender or food processor.
- Squeeze lemons - squeeze the fresh lemons and scoop out any seeds that may have escaped.
- Make simple syrup - bring granulated sugar and water to a boil and remove from heat. Let it come to room temperature to form simple syrup.
- Mix everything together and add more water and ice to taste.
Can you freeze strawberry lemonade?
Yes, you can. You can freeze the strawberry lemonade concentrate with just the pureed strawberries, simple syrup and lemon juice and add water and ice to it once thawed, to make strawberry lemonade.
I would suggest using a freezer ziploc bag and double bag it, just to be safe. Add strawberry lemonade concentrate to fill about ¾ of the bag. Lay the bag flat on a baking tray and freeze. Once frozen, you can store in the refrigerator for up to 6 months or so.
Is strawberry lemonade the same as pink lemonade?
Not really. Pink lemonade is technically lemonade with a little cranberry juice, strawberry or raspberry juice concentrate or flavors to add to the color. Mostly, just red food color is used to give it that pink color. It definitely will not have the fresh sweet strawberry flavor that you will find in this strawberry lemonade recipe.
You will also love these homemade lemonade recipes
Don’t forget to subscribe to Cooking Curries’ Newsletter to automatically receive notifications of new posts and recipes.
Homemade Strawberry Lemonade
- 1 lb strawberries organic
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 medium lemons juiced
- water/ ice as needed
- Hull and puree the strawberries.
- Make a simple syrup with water and sugar. Place water in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add sugar. Cook till the sugar dissolves. Let cool.
- Juice the lemons.
- Add the lemon juice, strawberry puree and simple syrup together in a pitcher. Mix well.
- Add ice and water, to taste