Want to make chicken wings almost instantly? Use a combination of Instant Pot and the oven to cook this Instant Pot Tandoori Chicken Wings really quick in the Instant Pot and then crisp them up a little in the oven.
Are we game day ready or what? What? What day? If you are like me, then don't you worry, you can still enjoy the food.
If you are there for the game, then you still would want to partake in all that lovely spread of food too, right? Whether it is a gourmet tailgate spread or just a pizza and some nice cold beers, food is just as important as the game. Well, for most people at least.
How to make chicken wings in the Instant Pot?
Well, I wondered that too at first. I wanted to make these Tandoori Chicken Wings in the Instant Pot, end to end. But then, I really couldnt figure out a way to really crisp them up, you know. So, I used the Instant Pot to speed up the process of making these chicken wings.
I marinated the chicken wings for 10 mins, and put them in the Instant Pot to cook them real quick in about 7 mins. And then, I took them out and baked in the oven for 15-20 mins. Now, that is real quick, especially when you can pre heat the oven while the Instant Pot is working, so you are not losing precious time there.
Here are a few other Chicken Wings recipes that you might like:
Taco Spiced Buffalo Chicken Wings
Here are the tools and equipment you need, to make these Instant Pot Tandoori Chicken Wings. (affiliate links)
Instant Pot Tandoori Chicken WingsPrint Pin Rate
- 1 lb chicken wings
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 1 tablespoon tandoori masala
- 2 tbsp yogurt
For the rub while in the oven
- 3 tablespoon yogurt
- 2 tablespoon tandoori masala
- 3 tablespoon oil
- Marinate wings with the salt, crushed black pepper, 1 tablespoon tandoori masala and 2 tablespoon yogurt for 10 minutes.
- Pour 1 cup water into the inner pot of the Instant Pot. Place a steamer basket inside it and place the chicken wings in it. Close the lid of the Instant Pot.
- Turn the pressure knob on the lid to sealing position. Press MANUAL and adjust time to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350F.
- Once cooked, wait for pressure to release naturally (NPR / Natural Pressure Release), turn the pressure knob to release and open the Instant Pot.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay the wings on it.
- Mix together the "rub for while in the oven" - yogurt, tandoori masala and oil. Brush generously over the top side of the chicken wings.
- Bake for about 5-10 minutes until the yogurt paste looks cooked.
- Now, flip over the chicken wings and brush the other side with the yogurt paste. Bake for another 10 mins or so, till the wings are crispy and the yogurt rub is all cooked.
- If needed, turn the broil on to crisp it up a little more, for about 2 minutes or so.
- Serve with a side of cilantro mint yogurt chutney to dip in.
Anupama Chopra says
Thanks for sharing such a delicious recipe with us.