An easy fall breakfast recipe with all the autumnal flavors of pumpkin that takes little to no time to make on those busy mornings.
I am always on the look out for easy recipes that can be made in bulk, without having to spend a whole lot of time in front of the stove, making individual portions for everyone. I feel this especially more now, when we have grown as a family and have family staying with us for a while.
There is very little prep work to make this Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal Bake. Just gather all the ingredients, is all you need to do.
Mix them all up together, pour into a baking pan and let it bake away while you are making coffee or making the table or rounding up the kids for breakfast, or even if it is just taking a few minutes to yourself before the crazy day starts.
And the best thing is, this tastes like dessert, so everyone will love it and love you for making this for breakfast. How is that for a mom win? 🙂
How to serve this Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal Bake
As breakfast : this can be part of your breakfast along with some quick eggs. You can eat this as it is or pour some warm milk over it to eat like cereal.
As dessert: Top with some sweetened whipped cream or even ice cream over warm Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal Bake.
Step by step images for making this Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal Bake is given along with the recipe below.
Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal Bake
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 can pumpkin puree (15 oz)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 ½ cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon butter softened, for greasing
Don't forget to check out Step-by-step instructions with photos in the body of the post above
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cracks the eggs and whisk them well.
- Add the pumpkin puree, milk and vanilla and mix well.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the brown sugar, spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and cardamom), baking powder and salt.
- Add the wet ingredients to this and mix well. Mix in the oatmeal too.
- Grease an 8 by 8 baking tray with the butter. Pour the oatmeal mix into this and spread out evenly.
- Bake uncovered for 40-45 mins or so.
- Serve with optional toppings of warm milk, whipped cream, maple syrup or fruit.