Who said vegetarian tacos are boring? These Roasted Cauliflower Tacos with Avocado Cream Sauce and a purple cabbage and carrot slaw is everything – delicious crunchy texture, zesty, tasty and filling too!
We used to do Taco Tuesdays up until a year ago and then with the pregnancy and new baby and all that, just getting a fresh dinner on the table most days was a win. Well, UberEats is a win most days too, especially if we thought ahead to order from a place we love, without paying the premium for peak time delivery 😀
We recently brought back Taco Tuesdays after I started meal planning again.
Roasted cauliflower is a favorite dinner side, along with roasted brussels sprouts, roasted broccoli and roasted asparagus. So, I figured, why not bring in our favorite side to be our taco filling.
How to make Roasted Cauliflower Tacos?
The filling of course is roasted cauliflower. I switched up the flavors used to roast the cauliflower to add some taco spices and seasoning to it. It was basically chili powder, ancho chili powder, garlic powder and onion powder.
Add some slaw to the tortillas, top with the roasted cauliflower, drizzle some spicy avocado cream sauce and Roasted Cauliflower Tacos is ready!
How to make the Purple Cabbage and Carrot Slaw?
To make the purple cabbage and carrot slaw by using shredded purple cabbage, carrots and some sliced onions along with cilantro and a squeeze of lime, salt and pepper for seasoning. Toss them well and the slaw is ready.
How to make the spicy Avocado Cream Sauce?
To make the spicy avocado cream sauce, blend together some avocado, yogurt, lime, jalapenos and cilantro in a food processor and use it to drizzle over the tacos.
Some more, “not so boring” vegetarian taco recipes:
- Potato Roasted Poblano Tacos
- Green Lentils and Maitake Mushroom Tacos
- Chana Chat Tacos
- Sweet Ginger Chile Grilled Tofu Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
Roasted Cauliflower Tacos with Avocado Cream Sauce
- 12 corn tortillas or use just 6 if you dont want to double up tortillas for the tacos
For the Roasted Cauliflower
For the Avocado Cream Sauce
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1 cup yogurt or sour cream
- 1/2 jalapeno
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Toss the cauliflower florets with the olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, chili powder, ancho chili powder, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Bake for 15-20 mins till crispy and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, add all the ingredients for the avocado cream sauce into a food processor and blend till smooth. Pour into a bowl and keep aside.
- Toss all the ingredients for the cabbage slaw and keep aside.
- Once the cauliflower is done, cook the corn tortillas on medium high flame, directly on the flame till charred on the sides.If you dont have a gas stove top, you can cook the tortillas on a griddle / skillet too.
To assemble the tacos
- Doube up two tortillas for each taco ( use just one if you like it that way). Add some slaw on top, then some of the roasted cauliflower and drizzle some sauce over it.Repeat with all the tortillas.
Don’t forget to PIN this image to your collections for later! You can also look at Cooking Curries board for more inspirations to pin.