Crispy and soft, ancho chile roasted delicata squash topped with goat cheese crumbles, pomegranate arils and crispy fried sage is a holiday dish like no other! A perfect side to your Thanksgiving or Christmas holiday dinner table, this Roasted Delicata Squash with Goat Cheese and Pomegranate has something for everyone!
There are some food combinations, that I just stumble upon when experimenting in the kitchen, or do some research to pair food combos or sometimes, I eat something like that at a restaurant and I love it so much, that I try to replicate the combination in various other recipes.
Squash and goat cheese is one such combination that I am seriously so much in love with. The sweetness of the squash with the light and mellow tang in the goat cheese works wonders together. I always add some crunch element to the dish to balance out the textures a little.
Here the pomegranate adds that textural difference while having a burst of tanginess and freshness to itself. The crispy fried sage adds some visual contrast as well!
I have tried the squash and goat cheese combo in this Butternut Squash Galette with Goat Cheese Crumbles and is a favorite at our holiday table every year.
The delicata squash roasted with ancho chiles is a great snack in itself. Ancho chile is a very mild chile with a lots of sweet and smoky flavor to it, so it is not spicy at all and works great with the squash. I have used it earlier to top a Rainbow Orzo with Roasted Delicata Squash.
Looking for more Thanksgiving or Holiday sides? Here are a few favorites.
- Vegan Red Curry Mashed Potatoes
- Roasted Squash and Kale Salad
- Instant Pot Cranberry Orange Sauce
- Butternut Squash and Cherry Tomatoes Orzo
Let's move on to the recipe now, shall we?
Roasted Delicata Squash wit Goat Cheese and Pomegranate
Don't forget to check out Step-by-step instructions with photos in the body of the post above
- Pre heat the oven to 350F.
- Rinse and dry the delicata squash. Slice into ¼ inch thick rings keeping the skin. Scoop out any flesh and seed in the center of the rings with your hands or with a spoon. Arrange them flat on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil over it and sprinkle salt, pepper and ancho chile powder over it. Toss and arrange flat again.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until soft yet firm.
- Heat the 1 tablespoon oil and fry the sage leaves over medium heat until crispy. Drain with a spoon and take out.
- Cool the roasted delicata squash and move to a serving plate. Top with goat cheese crumbles, pomegranate arils and crispy fried sage.
Pin this recipe to your Thanksgiving Recipes board or Holiday Recipes board on Pinterest!