Roasted garlic Brussels Sprouts with Maple Balsamic reduction and toasted Marcona almonds will be your new favorite way to eat Brussels sprouts. This will be a perfect Thanksgiving or holiday side dish as well.
Our little neighborhood in the north eastern suburbs of Seattle has been developing a lot in the last couple of years and many a new restaurants have opened up near us. All good , fancy kinds, that we can go for a nice date night right in our neighborhood.
One of them is an Italian restaurant and we frequent that place, mostly because the kiddo loves his spaghetti with meatballs and marinara sauce and his Italian soda. But, we also love their food and the wine list is pretty awesome too.
One of my favorite things, or actually two of my favorite things from the menu is Bruxelles Frito and Arancini. The Bruxelles Frito is Crispy Brussels Sprouts, Toasted Marcona Almonds, Roasted Garlic, Romano Cheese and Aged Balsamico. This is my attempt at recreating the Bruxelles Frito at home, only, I made it a tad more garlicky. Instead of roasting the garlic separately, which will take a whole lot longer, I added the garlic to the sheet pan with the Brussels sprouts and also made a balsamic reduction and added some maple syrup to make it a little sweeter, because that is how I like it.
If you are looking for more vegetarian sides, here are a few favorites.
- Red Curry Mashed Potatoes
- Roasted Delicata Squash with Goat Cheese and Pomegranate
- Instant Pot Cranberry Orange Sauce
Roasted Garlic Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Glaze
For the Roasted Garlic Brussels Sprouts
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic
- salt to taste
- crushed black pepper to taste
- ¼ teaspoon red chile flakes
For the Maple Balsamic reduction
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
For the rest of the garnish
- ¼ cup pecorino romano cheese
- ¼ cup toasted marcona almonds
Don't forget to check out Step-by-step instructions with photos in the body of the post above
- Pre heat the oven to 350FTrim the Brussels sprouts and cut into half. Place them on a baking tray along with the smashed garlic cloves and drizzle the olive oil over it.Add salt, black pepper and red chile flakes and toss well.
- Roast in the oven for about 30-40 mins, tossing again once in between.
- Meanwhile, pour the balsamic vinegar into a sauce pan. Bring it to a slow boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to low and let it simmer away for 20-25 mins or so. Once it has reduced to almost half (about ¼ cup), add the maple syrup to it and mix well. Remove from heat and keep aside.
- Once the Brussels sprouts are cooked through and beginning to get a little crispy, remove from oven and keep.
- Move the Brussels sprouts to a serving bowl and toss with the pecorino romano cheese and toasted marcona almonds. Drizzle the maple balsamic reduction over it and toss well again. Serve warm.