Sweet, ripe and juice mangoes get combined with saffron, cardamom and pistachios along with some Stonyfield Organic yogurt to make this delicious summer cooler of a Mango lassi.
Mango lassi is one V’s all time favorite drink. Freshly squeezed orange juice comes a close second. He loves yogurt and basically anything to do with yogurt. Mango lassi or any other fruit lassi, Yogurt topped with granola for breakfast or snack and Stonyfield Organic’s YoKids Yogurt – these are some snacks I can give him any time of the day and know that he will finish it.
V has been asking me to make Mango Lassi at home for a really long time and as the weather started getting a little better here in Seattle, I thought it was about time to make it for him.
A couple of week’s ago, we had the opportunity to head out to Woodland Park Zoo here in Seattle, thanks to Stonyfield Organic and the Association of Zoos and Aquariums. V loves going to the zoo – if you ask him what he wants to be when he grows up, he would say: zookeeper! We travel a lot as a family and we make it a point to take him to a zoo or aquarium whereever we go and he looks forward to it. As for our local zoo, every summer, we go atleast a couple of times.
This year, Stonyfield YoKids is sponsoring the AZA SAFE (Saving Animals from Extinction) program; together on a mission to help save endangered species. As part of a year-long effort, Stonyfield will not only be contributing funds to field work but aiming to drive kids and their families to see animals and conservation projects first hand at zoos, aquariums, and on the ground where the research is happening.
Stonyfield YoKids’ sponsorship of AZA SAFE will support conservation efforts for 10 endangered species, including the African Penguin.
We had a fun day at the zoo with seeing all the animals, getting face painting done and I packed some Stonyfield Organic YoKids yogurt for V to have as a snack. He wanted me to make and take some Mango Lassi, but Stonyfield Organic YoKids is the next best thing to homemade anything. As the leading organic yogurt maker, Stonyfield takes care with everything it puts into its yogurts and everything it keeps out. By saying no to toxic persistent pesticides, artificial hormones, antibiotics and GMOs, Stonyfield has been saying yes to delicious, healthy food for more than 30 years.
Now there’s even more reason for parents and kids to love Stonyfield YoKids. Stonyfield recently announced a sugar reduction across its yogurt portfolio – and that includes YoKids. Always made with USDA organic, non-GMO ingredients, Stonyfield YoKids yogurt now features as much as 40% less sugar than the leading low-fat kids’ yogurt. Stonyfield’s efforts and advances in sugar reduction provide a better yogurt option for the entire family, starting where it matters most – with yogurt for kids.
But we did make some Mango Lassi using Stonyfield Organic’s Smooth and Creamy Whole Milk yogurt, later during the week and it was thoroughly enjoyed by V, who just couldn’t keep talking about his trip to the zoo!
Saffron Mango Lassi
- 2 mangoes ripe
- 2 cups Stonyfield Organic Whole Milk Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon saffron
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 tablespoon crushed pistachios
- Warm the milk and soal the saffron in it.
- Peel and chop the mangoes roughly into medium sized pieces.
- Add the chopped mangoes, yogurt, saffron milk and cardamom to a blender jar.
- Blend till smooth. Pour into serving glasses and top with crushed pistachios just before serving.If serving later, keep the lassi chilled in the refrigerator.
And here’s more that families can do right here!
- The lovable African Penguin and most endangered AZA SAFE species will be featured prominently on Stonyfield YoKids packaging this year. Kids will be so excited to collect them all!
- Stonyfield YoKids is also featuring an on-pack offer to get families out to visit any of the 131 participating AZA accredited member zoos and aquariums in their own communities (click here for a list). Now through Boston » New York » San Francisco » Washington, D.C. » PROI Worldwide Partner 617.585.5770 | 360PR.plus | All in. the end of September families who buy two specially-marked YoKids yogurt multipacks will receive a FREE kid’s admission to their local AZA-accredited zoo or aquarium when they also buy an adult ticket.
- By encouraging more kids and families to visit their local participating zoo or aquarium and experience endangered species firsthand, Stonyfield hopes to inspire a lifelong appreciation of our planet and commitment to animal conservation in the next generation.
To draw further attention to the plight of the endangered species Stonyfield has also created a series of videos that ask kids and their parents, “Can a cow save a penguin or a sea turtle or a cheetah?”
The humor and heartwarming answers showcase the optimism and imagination of children, but also the need for real action to save endangered species. Stonyfield will be posting videos of kids answering this question, which highlights their spontaneity and creative spirit. #ImagineHow
The videos and other resources for families are available at: http://www.stonyfield.com/azasafe