Everyone’s favorite, Mexican Corn Salad made easily in the Instant Pot. Make it for your summer parties, barbecues or Cinco de Mayo parties!
Corn is a favorite around here and as far as I know, it is most people’s favorite too. I always wait for late Spring for corn to be seen around in the grocery stores and buy them the moment I see them.
We usually grill it, so it is just charred and then put lime, salt and cayenne pepper on it and eat it from the cob. This is the Indian Style Corn and is called bhutta.
I have also made corn croquettes, masala corn and use corn in rice like this Corn and Methi Pulao. This Mexican style corn salad is also a favorite here. While I usually make it when we grill corn, this time, with the weather here in Seattle like what it is, it is going to take a while for us to get the grill going. So, I made it in the Instant Pot instead.
How do you make corn in the Instant Pot?
Instant Pot corn is usually steamed. Pour water in the inner pot of the Instant Pot and place a steamer basket in it. Take off the husk from the corn and wash it well. Place the corn in the steamer or trivet and close the Instant Pot. Move the sealing knob to SEALING and press STEAM option. Adjust time to 5 mins and once done, move the sealing knob to RELEASE to do a quick pressure release. Open the Instant Pot carefully and your corn is all done.
How to make Instant Pot Mexican Corn Salad?
Follow the instructions above to make corn in the Instant Pot. Slice out the kernels while still hot and toss it with butter, a cream sauce made of mayo, cumin powder, chili powder, paprika and lime juice, salt and pepper, chopped onions, chopped jalapenos, crumbled cotija cheese and some cilantro.
Spicy Mexican Corn Salad - Instant PotPrint Pin Rate
- 4 ears of corn husk removed and rinsed
- 1 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper
- ¼ red onion chopped finely
- 1 Jalapeno seeds removed and chopped
To make the sauce
- 2 tbsp mayo
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ¼ cup cotija cheese crumbled
- a handful cilantro minced
- Pour 1 cup water in the inner pot of the Instant Pot. Place a steamer basket or a trivet on top of it. Place the ears of corn on it.
- Close the lid of the Instant Pot and move the sealing knob to SEALING. Press STEAM and adjust time to 5 mins.
- While the corn is cooking, make the sauce by mixing together the mayonnaise, lime juice, paprika, chili powder and cumin powder.Also, chop the onion, jalapeno and cilantro and keep it all ready.
- Once the corn is done cooking, carefully move the sealing knob to RELEASE to do a quick pressure release. The little metal pin next to it will fall down once the pressure is released all the way through.
- Carefully open the lid of the Instant Pot and let some of the steam escape before you try to get the corn out.
- You can either lift out the steamer basket as a whole or using a pair of tongs, take out the ear of corns by themselves.
- Holding each ear of corn with a folder paper towel, slice out the corn kernels from it. Put them in a mixing bowl and add the butter to it right away.
- The heat from the corn will make the butter melt as you start mixing it.
- Add in the sauce, salt and pepper and mix well. Check for taste.
- Top with crumbled cotija cheese and minced cilantro and serve right away as it is or as a side with tacos or as a topping for tacos.
How to serve this Mexican Corn Salad?
You can eat it as it is, as a salad. It will be a great side to tacos on taco nights or can be added on top of tacos as a topping as well.
Love Tacos or planning a Taco party? Here are some delicious Vegetarian Taco Recipes
- Green Lentil Maitake Mushroom Tacos
- Roasted Potato Poblano Tacos
- Roasted Cauliflower Tacos with Avocado Cream Sauce
- Chana Chat Tacos
Don’t forget to subscribe to Cooking Curries’ Newsletter to automatically receive notifications of new posts and recipes.