One-Pot Spicy Chicken and Chorizo Rigatoni
Chicken and Chorizo comes together with along with some smoky and spicy paprika, all in one-pot to make this quick and delicious rigatoni that is perfect for a weeknight dinner.
- 1 red spring onion / 6-7 scallions / ½ yellow onion , chopped
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 oz chorizo , chopped (about 2 sausage links / 1 ½ cup when chopped)
- ½ lb chicken breast , cut into 2 inch chunks
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- salt , to taste
- crushed black pepper , to taste
- 2 ½ cups rigatoni (about 10 oz)
- 3 cups water
- 1 bottle / 23 oz Muir Glen Organic Diced Tomatoes
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- minced parsley , to garnish
- 4-5 tablespoon grated parmesan , to garnish
Heat the olive oil in a wide big pan and add the garlic and spring onions to it. Add the chopped chorizo and let it cook down and release some of its own oils. Now add the chicken, paprika, salt and pepper. Once the chicken turns color on the outside, add the pasta and water.
Reduce heat and cover and cook for about 10 mins or so, till the pasta softens a little. Cook a little more with the pan open, till most of the water evaporates. Now add the tomatoes and let it come to a oil. Add the cream and remove from heat. Top with parsley and parmesan to garnish. Serve immediately.