Monster Energy Balls
Servings 25 balls
In a microwave safe bowl, melt the almond butter for 30 secs to 1 minute, mixing every few seconds.
Add the rest of the ingredients, except the candy eyes to a large mixing bowl. Add the melted almond butter and mix well with a spatula.
Take some of this mixture, make a small lime sized ball and press in one or two candy eyes to it.
Place them on a plate and refrigerate, loosely covered, for an hour or so, till it no longer very soft. Transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for it to remain not too soft or store at room temperature.
- It only takes a few minutes to put everything in a bowl and mix it well, but you may end up spending a lot of time getting all the ingredients. I suggest, you have all the ingredients measured out and ready to go, before you start making these with your kiddos. That way, no one’s patience is tested, and you can put in all the ingredients one by one as they are all lined up, mix well, form balls and enjoy the treats right then and there.
- If you want more texture, use old fashioned oats and chunky peanut / almond butter. But if you like it smooth, use quick cooking oats and creamy nut butters.
- To make it nut allergy friendly – use sun butter instead of nut butters.
- To make it dairy free / vegan – use vegan chocolate chips (Lily’s brand has great dairy free chocolate chips)
- To make it gluten free – use gluten free oats
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container on the counter top or in the refrigerator.
Serving: 1ball | Calories: 94kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 59mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 1mg