Chocolate Cherry Black Forest Smoothie
Frozen cherries and cocoa powder come together with almond milk to make this dreamy delicious vegan Chocolate Cherry Black Forest smoothie.
Servings 2 people
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup frozen cherries pitted
- ½ cup oatmeal old fashioned or quick cooking
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp flax meal
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 cups almond milk unsweetened
Add all ingredients to a blender jar.
Blend well to make a smoothie.
Top with cherries and chocolate shavings, optionally.
Tips for making great smoothies:
Here are a few things I do to get the right consistency always
- Add banana - it not only adds that much needed creaminess to smoothies and bring everything else together to create the right consistency, it also adds some sweetness to the smoothie that you never need to add any other sweetener to your smoothie.
- Liquid - start with little. Blend everything together and if you feel that your smoothie is too thick, add about a ¼ cup more of the liquid and do one more quick blend. Keep adding the liquid in ¼ cup increments and keep blending after each addition to incorporate the liquid well into the smoothie.
- If you don't want to use ice and risk thinning out the smoothie too much, try and freeze the fruit you are adding to the smoothie. This makes the smoothie cold and gives it that smooth consistency as well.
Serving: 2cups | Calories: 425kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 334mg | Potassium: 837mg | Fiber: 15g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 197IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 444mg | Iron: 6mg