Sheet Pan Chicken Tikka with Vegetables
Chicken Tikka is boneless chicken pieces that are marinated in spices, skewered and grilled. This Sheet Pan Chicken Tikka with Vegetables is chicken tikka made in a sheet pan in the oven.
Servings 2 people
- 2 lbs chicken breast boneless, skinless, cut into 1 inch cubes
- ½ green bell pepper cut into 1 inch chunks
- ½ orange bell pepper cut into 1 inch chunks
- ½ red onion cut into 1 inch chunks
- 4 tbsp oil any neutral oil will do, like grapeseed or avocado oil
- cilantro minced, to garnish
- ½ lime optional
For the marinade
- ½ cup whole milk yogurt
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp crushed ginger
- ½ tsp crushed garlic from about 2-3 cloves
- salt to taste
- fresh crushed black pepper
Mix the ingredients for the marinade well and add it to the chicken and the veggies. Coat well, refrigerate for at least 2 hrs to let the marinade soak in.
Preheat oven to 375F.
Line a sheet pan ( a half or quarter sheet pan will do for this quantity) with parchment paper or silpat.
Spread out the marinated chicken and vegetables over the sheet pan.
Drizzle the oil over it and let it coat the chicken and veggies.
Bake for 20-30 mins. Keep and eye on the chicken and bake till it reaches 165F.
Take out of the oven, squeeze some lime over it and sprinkle the cilantro.
Serve hot with some naan and cilantro mint green chutney.
- Marinate the chicken in the yogurt and spices for 2-4 hrs at least and preferably for like 6-8 hrs. You can do this in the morning and keep it in the refrigerator for making it for dinner time.
- Kashmiri chile powder gives it that color but not much heat, so you can up that and reduce the cayenne or completely get rid of the heat from the cayenne.
- Plain full fat yogurt is the best, but you can use low fat yogurt as well.
Calories: 841kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 100g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 298mg | Sodium: 559mg | Potassium: 1928mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1238IU | Vitamin C: 74mg | Calcium: 109mg | Iron: 3mg