Butternut Squash Noodles with Goat Cheese and Pine Nuts
This delicious, low carb “pasta” is a great way to make your family eat more veggies. Butternut Squash Noodles with Goat Cheese and Pine Nuts is our favorite recipe with this seasonal vegetable.
Servings 2 servings
- 10 oz butternut squash noodles about 2 cups
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4-5 shallots chopped
- 1 roma tomato chopped
- 1 cup baby greens baby kale, baby spinach, baby arugula or mixed baby greens
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese
- ¼ cup pine nuts
Toast the pine nuts in a skillet over low heat, till golden brown all over. Keep tossing them every once in a while to keep them from burning. Remove from pan and keep aside.
Heat the olive oil in a shallow pan. Add the butternut squash noodles and shallots. Sauté well for 2-3 mins, till the noodles become soft and the shallots are translucent.
Add the chopped tomato, salt and pepper. Mix well and sauté for a minute or two.
Add the mixed greens and sauté till they wilt.
Turn off heat, add in the goat cheese and pine nuts and toss well to mix.
- You can add some garlic with the shallots to add more flavor.
- You can use any greens to it. If they are not baby greens, just chop them up a little and add to the dish.
- Pine nuts are great as they go really well with the goat cheese. But they can easily be substituted with any other nuts - walnuts and pecans are great options.
- Goat cheese makes this noodle dish creamy and rich, but in a pinch, it can be substituted with some feta or parmesan. I would suggest to really stick with the goat cheese if you can.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 496kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 228mg | Potassium: 875mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 16139IU | Vitamin C: 43mg | Calcium: 166mg | Iron: 4mg