Nutella Hot Chocolate
Nutella in hot chocolate is probably the next best thing to heaven. A hot cup of this Nutella Hot Chocolate is all you need to warm your body and soul, this winter and all winters to come.
Servings 2 cups
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 tbsp unsweetened Dutch processed cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp Nutella
- 1 tsp hazelnut syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- marshmallows and whipped cream optional toppings
Reserve ¼ cup of whole milk and warm the rest in a saucepan on the stove.
Add the cocoa powder to the saucepan and whisk to mix well.
To the reserved milk, add the Nutella and mix it in well to make sure it dissolves in it.
Add this to the remaining milk in the saucepan along with the sugar. Bring to a slow boil and simmer for 2 mins.
Remove from heat and add the vanilla extract and hazelnut syrup while it is still hot. Stir to combine.
Strain into mugs and top with whipped cream and marshmallows.
- Use good quality cocoa powder. Buy an organic brand if possible.
- Use whole milk and not skim or reduced fat milk. The creaminess from whole milk is also what makes this hot chocolate so decadent.
- You can serve this as it is or spike it to make it an adult friendly hot chocolate. Frengelico, Kahlua, IIrish Cream or Creme de Cacao are some of the liqueurs you can add to this.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 292kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 116mg | Potassium: 474mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 395IU | Calcium: 302mg | Iron: 2mg