Thai Sweet Potato and Spinach Curry
Deliciously creamy Thai red curry with sweet potato and spinach in a bowl of fragrant Jasmine rice is dinner ready in under 30 mins.
Servings 4 servings
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and cubed, about 1 ½ - 2 cups
- 3 shallots sliced
- 2 tsp Thai red curry paste
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups baby spinach packed
- ½ can coconut milk about 1 cup
Heat some avocado oil in a Dutch oven. Sauté the shallots over medium heat till translucent.
Add the cubed sweet potatoes and homemade red curry paste, give it a quick stir and add the vegetable stock to this. Cover and cook till the sweet potatoes are tender.
Open the pot and add the baby spinach to the pot. Mix well.
Let it cook over medium heat till the spinach wilts.
Now, add the coconut milk and mix it in. Simmer till the curry steams and serve hot.
- Try to make the curry paste at home if possible. The fresh burst of flavors from homemade curry paste is another level altogether.
- You can add some tofu to add some protein and make it a complete dish in itself.
- There is salt in the curry paste, so I don't add any extra salt in the curry. But always taste and add salt if needed. The curry paste you use may have less salt than what you need.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 310kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Sodium: 553mg | Potassium: 632mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 18082IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 68mg | Iron: 3mg