Lahsooni Moong Dal
Quick and easy moong dal recipe with the goodness of garlic in it! Perfect with some rice for a weeknight dinner!
Servings 4 servings
- 1 cup moong dal
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and crushed
- 2 Thai green chillies sliced
- 1 inch piece ginger crushed
- 1 tomato chopped
- salt to taste
For the tempered seasoning:
- 2 tablespoon oil / ghee (skip ghee is making a vegan recipe)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder / cayenne
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and sliced
Wash the moong dal well and cook with the rest of the ingredients - turmeric powder, garlic, ginger, green chillies, tomato and salt along with about 2 -3 cups of water.
Cook till the dal is well cooked and mushy. Mash the dal with the back of a spoon till its all a homogeneous mixture.
Heat the oil for the seasoning / tadka in a pan and add the cumin seeds to it. Once it splutters, add the red chilli powder and the garlic slices. Remove from heat and let the garlic slices become crispy in the hot oil.
Pour this over the dal mixture and serve immediately with rotis or rice.
Calories: 265kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 7g | Sodium: 86mg | Potassium: 748mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 410IU | Vitamin C: 11.1mg | Calcium: 86mg | Iron: 4.1mg