A quick and easy, dump, set and forget it kind of recipe for Instant Pot Cranberry Orange Sauce. It only takes about 15 minutes from start to finish, you don’t have to babysit it and your stove top is free to make other things for your Thanksgiving feast.
Who doesn’t love cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving? The first time I heard about it, I wasn’t so sure. Then, I made it for my first ever Thanksgiving feast that I hosted about 10 years ago and I loved it!
It just complemented everything else on the plate and added a nice extra zing to every bite. I even saved the leftovers and used it later with my leftover mashed potato pancakes, cranberry sauce grilled cheese sandwich and even just as a dip for some chips.
The only drawback if any with making cranberry sauce is the time you have to spend with it on the stove. Its not a crazy lot but it feels like quite something for a condiment.
That is when I tried it in the Instant Pot with this recipe for Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce with Orange that I loved it even more. Now, I love to eat it AND make it. That is a win-win right there!
Why make Cranberry Sauce in the Instant Pot?
- With this recipe for Instant Pot Cranberry Orange Sauce, you can just dump all the ingredients, close the Instant Pot, press a few buttons and just go do something else, to come back to this easy, delicious cranberry sauce in just under 10 mins.
- Your stove top is free for making other Thanksgiving feast dishes, in case, you forgot to make ahead the cranberry sauce. Because, come on, life is what it is, and we can’t always be prepped and ready to go however well we plan to.
- And well, it is delicious and plus, there is no splatter and spill, whatsoever!
What other stove top recipes, would you like an Instant Pot version for? Let me know in the comments and I can get them to you one by one!
Have you tried these other Instant Pot recipes?
- Instant Pot Butternut Squash and Kidney Beans Chili
- Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Instant Pot Masala Turkey Chili
- Instant Pot Indian Lamb Curry
Ingredients for Instant Pot cranberry orange sauce
- Cranberries – I used fresh cranberries for this.
- Orange Juice – freshly squeezed or your favorite brand of orange juice will do
- Spices – cloves and cardamom
How to make cranberry sauce in the Instant Pot?
This is pretty much a dump and go recipe. Step by step instructions and images are given below to make it a little easier for you.
- Place all the ingredients in the Instant Pot.
- Pressure cook for 2 mins.
- Once done, mash the cranberries into the rest of the mixture to get the consistency you want.
Instant Pot Cranberry Orange Sauce
- Add all the ingredients to the inner liner of the Instant Pot.
- Close the lid, move the sealing knob to Sealing position. Press Manual, adjust time to 2 minutes.
- Once the cooking time of two minutes is done after it has come to pressure, wait for the pressure to release naturally. The little stainless steel pin near the sealing knob will fall down. It will take about 10 mins, maybe more if you double the recipe. Open the lid.
- Mash the cranberries to mix with the liquid. You can mash them really well or leave some cranberry pieces as it is, whatever you prefer.
- Once cooled completely, move to a clean glass jar and store in the refrigerator for up to a week to 10 days.