A quick one pot, dinner of sheet pan chicken fajitas with chicken breast tenders, lots of peppers, onions and rich in flavor with spices. Weeknight dinner prep cannot get easier than this.This is Whole30 approved and Paleo friendly as well.
Weeknight dinners can get stressful. Especially when there are kids and babies and work and school and deadlines involved like how it is in most of our lives. At the end of the day, all we want is to throw something together, let the oven, the Instant Pot or Slow Cooker cook our dinner for us, while we catch up with the rest of the day and our family. This is the ideal scenario, where take out or ordering out it not involved.
Yes, that happens sometimes too. And its ok!
These Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas were invented for weeknight dinners. The leftovers, if any, can be tossed with some salad greens and taken for lunch the next day!
How to make chicken fajitas in a sheet pan?
Toss together chicken breast strips, strips of green, red, yellow and orange bell pepper and onion with some olive oil / avocado oil, mix of spices for fajita, salt and pepper. Spread them on a sheet pan. Bake at 350F for 20 mins.
I buy chicken breast strips pre cut for stir fry, so I don’t have to cut out strips from the chicken breast. That much more time saved, right?!
What spices are there in a fajita spice mix?
Fajita spice mix has black pepper, chili powder, dried oregano, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder and ground cumin. If you have all these individual spices, you can just mix them up in the proportion given in the recipe below or you can buy pre mixed fajita mix.
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas | Whole30, Paleo
- 1 lb chicken stir fry strips
- ½ yellow onion sliced
- ¼ green bell pepper sliced
- ¼ red bell pepper sliced
- ¼ orange bell pepper sliced
- ¼ yellow bell pepper sliced
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp crushed black pepper
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ lime
- Pre heat oven to 350F. Toss the chicken, onion and peppers together with the olive oil, salt and spices. Spread out on a sheet pan.
- Bake in the oven for 20 mins. If you want a little extra char on the veggies, you can put the baking tray under the broiler for 2-3 mins.
- Squeeze some lime over it and serve immediately. Top with some avocado slices. optionally.