Cheesy and garlic-ky baked ham and cheese sliders with marinara sauce will be a new favorite at your game day parties. Just make sure you make a lot of extras, because this is going to get all eaten up really quickly!
If you are like me and love hosting game day parties, then this recipe for baked garlicky ham and cheese sliders is a must have in your file.
Sometimes when I put together menus for big gatherings, I always feel like there may not be enough food to keep my guests full. You know what I mean. There will be a lot of different, interesting things on the menu, but it would all feel so light and just a few bites here and there, that will just disappear in no time, keeping me guests hungry. I am somehow, always, ALWAYS, scared of that happening.
So, even if it is a cocktail party or a wine tasting gathering, I always try to have a carb heavy something. That way I can mingle with peace of mind that, that food is always there as a filler food, even if the others doesn't work out or I have a few extra last minute guests.
I usually keep that simple and it definitely must be a crowd pleaser. This baked garlicky ham and cheese sliders is just that. Everyone will love it. It is super simple and easy to put together. And rest assured, no one is going home hungry with this on the menu.
To make this vegetarian, you can always skip the ham and make it a cheese and marinara slider or add some greens or sauteed mushrooms.
To make ahead, assemble the buns with cheese and ham and cover and refrigerate. Brush the rolls with the garlic butter and bake, just before serving.
This is also a great holiday potluck recipe for brunch or lunch!
Baked Garlicky Ham and Cheese Sliders
Don't forget to check out Step-by-step instructions with photos in the body of the post above
- Arrange bottom half of the hamburger / slider buns in the prepared baking dish. Spread the mayonnaise over them.
- Spoon the marinara sauce over them, dividing it equally. Sprinkle most of the chopped scallions over it.
- Now, place one slice of the swiss cheese, then 2 oz ham slice (equally divide the 8 oz among the 4 hamburger or 8 slider buns) and one slice of cheddar cheese.
- Top with the top of the bun.
- Warm the butter and add the chopped garlic to it. Brush the top of the buns with this garlic butter.
- Cover the baking dish, loosely, with foil and bake for 15 mins or so, till the cheese is all melted.
- Remove from oven and top with rest of the scallions. Serve as it is or with some more marinara sauce for dipping.