Whole grain sourdough bread toasted with butter and then topped with honey sweetened Greek yogurt and fresh ripe blueberries. A little bit of lemon zest and fresh mint on it rounds up the flavors to make it a fresh, summer time breakfast or brunch dish.
This is a perfect dish to make on a hot summer day when you don’t want to turn on the stove or the oven. I generally like to toast my bread on a skillet with lots of butter slathered on both sides, but you can easily use a toaster for this.
If you thought this was the viral TikTok version of a yogurt toast with egg in it that makes it a custard, then this is not that. This recipe requires no cooking at all, except for toasting the bread.
Once the bread is toasted, just slather the yogurt on it, add the blueberries and that’s it. As simple as that.
We love this Blueberry Greek Yogurt Toast because
- It is a no-cook recipe which makes it the perfect dish to make on a hot summer day.
- It is protein packed with all the Greek yogurt and whole grain bread.
- The sweetness of the blueberries and the honey in the yogurt is balanced by the lemon zest which makes this so very delicious.
- Both kids and grown ups will love this toast recipe
Recipe ingredients to make this Blueberry Yogurt Toast
- Whole grain sourdough - I love a good hearty bread so that it doesn't get soggy with the yogurt on top. You can use any kind of rustic crusty bread. Baguette will also work. I love using whole grain breads as it has more nutrients in it, including more protein and that is something I always try to add in my meals.
- Greek yogurt - use any favorite kind of Greek yogurt. Just regular plain whole fat Greek Yogurt is what I use. I personally try to minimize added sugar to my yogurt, but you can always use vanilla yogurt or blueberry yogurt in this recipe. My favorite Greek yogurt brands are Strauss, Wallaby or a local PNW brand Ellenos.
- Honey - I use honey to sweeten the yogurt. This way I can control the amount of sugar that goes into my yogurt. If you are using a flavored yogurt that has sugar, then you can skip the honey.
- Vanilla extract - Adding a little vanilla extract adds a whole lot of flavor to the yogurt, especially if you are using a plain one.
- Blueberries - use fresh ripe blueberries that are in season.
- Lemon zest - zest some lemon into the yogurt and also save some to sprinkle on the toast.
- Fresh mint - use fresh mint leaves in this recipe. Tear them up or chop them into small pieces to sprinkle over the toast to give it a little bit more freshness.
Spread butter on both sides of sourdough slices and toast them till crispy.
Mix together the Greek yogurt, honey, lemon zest and vanilla, until smooth.
Spread about 2 tablespoon of the yogurt mix onto every slice of toasted sourdough. Top with fresh blueberries, more lemon zest and some chopped fresh mint.
Serve right away before the bread gets too soggy.
Blueberry Greek Yogurt Toast Recipe
- 8-10 Sourdough bread slices or any other rustic bread slices
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 ½ cups Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 lemon zested
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups blueberries fresh and organic if possible
- 6-7 mint leaves chopped
Don't forget to check out Step-by-step instructions with photos in the body of the post above
- Spread butter on both sides of sourdough slices and toast them till crispy.
- Mix together the Greek yogurt, honey, lemon zest and vanilla, until smooth.
- Spread about 2 tablespoon of the yogurt mix onto every slice of toasted sourdough. Top with fresh blueberries, more lemon zest and some chopped fresh mint.
- Serve right away before the bread gets too soggy.