Spicy, creamy Jalapeno Cheese Dip is perfect to dip some veggies or chips in it while enjoying some refreshing Michelob Ultra Pure Gold beer – that is how spring and summers are meant to be!
Spring is here and summer is almost here. This is usually the time that our family gets out of our winter hibernation and try to be up and about. As much as we love luxury travels and eating out at fine restaurants, we equally love our summer camping trips, trail visits for long walks and bike rides and outdoor picnics.
Happy, healthy, balanced life – that is our motto. Yes, agreed, it is not easy all the time, but that is what we strive towards. Balance is the key here. We are not the kinds to go into diets or extreme fitness regiments. We eat, we play, we do a little bit of everything.
You are probably wondering, what balance and health has got to do with beer and a cheese dip. That is the whole point.
The cheese dip is cheesy, agreed, but it is made with good ingredients – fresh garlic, jalapenos, onions and tomatoes and freshly grated cheese. Nothing from a can or a box. And it is served with veggies and whole grain chips. This snack in moderation has indulgence written on it without being too indulgent. You know what I mean.
And this limited edition, Michelob Ultra Pure Gold beer that is made with organic grains and just 85 calories and 2.5g carbs is the perfect complement to this non-indulgent indulgence. There is no unwanted artificial colors or flavors in this and is made with organic grains from the finest farms in the country.
There is no sacrifice to taste, no diet anything and no guilt either.
Good, pure, balanced things are for you to enjoy, in life. Just like the Michelob Ultra Pure Gold Beer and the homemade Jalapeno Queso.
Here on, Michelob Ultra Pure Gold is going to be our companion for all things outdoors, that we cant wait to get restarted on a more regular basis, as the weather gets better. Who wouldn’t want to mix up some fun with healthy and fit, right?
Jalapeno Cheese Dip - Jalapeno Queso
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp all purpose flour
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 white onion chopped
- 2 jalapenos minced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated pepper jack cheese
- 1/4 cup grated mild cheddar
- salt to taste
- Melt butter and heat the oil with it in a pan. Add the all purpose flour and mix it in with a whisk. Once it starts to turn a little brown, add in the garlic, onions and jalapenos.
- Once the onions and jalapenos start to soften, add the chilli powder and saute for a minute or so.
- Add milk and let it mix well. Toss the cheeses in along with the salt and let it melt over low heat.
- Once the cheese is all melted, remove from heat and pour to a dipping bowl. Serve immediately with veggies and chips of your choice.