Warm cardamom spiced honey apple compote poured over a stack of these Apple Cinnamon Pancakes, will take you to the coziest of all places!
This is just gonna be one of those blog posts with not much writing from my end. I make pancakes for V’s breakfast, at least a couple of times a week and once I had some applesauce that was about to near its expiry date and wanted to finish it. So, I added that and some cinnamon to the regular pancake batter and made this apple cinnamon pancakes for V.
I still had some left over batter, so while I was making the rest of the pancakes, I quickly whipped up some apple compote, spiced it up with some cardamom and had that as my brunch. And a very filling brunch that was!Print Recipe
Apple Cinnamon Pancakes with Cardamom Spiced Honey Apple CompotePrint Pin Rate
For the pancake batter
For the compote
- 1 Gala / Fuji Apple cored and chopped into small pieces
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Ground Cardamom
- 1 tbsp Water if needed
To cook with
- 3 tbsp butter
- Mix all the ingredients for the pancake batter very well, so that there are no lumps.
- Heat a skillet, add a dab of the butter (from the 2 tbsp butter) and pour a ladle full of pancake batter. Keep the heat on medium. Once small bubbles start appearing on top of the pancakes, flip them over and cook on the other side for a minute or so.
For the compote
- Heat the butter in a sauce pan. Add the brown sugar and let it melt. Now add the apples, honey and cardamom. Cook on low heat till the apples are soft. Add the optional water, if it seems to get dry.
- Stack the pancakes together and pour the apple compote over it. Enjoy your meal! 🙂