Let the tropics come to you, with this Coconut Lime Margarita. Fresh, creamy and delicious, all at the same time. This blender coconut lime margarita will be an easy add to the menu for summer parties!
Growing up in the land of coconut tree, coconut was an integral part of diet - coconut oil, coconut milk, fresh coconut, most all dishes had coconut in some form or the other. But it was all cooked, and very rarely raw.
So when I first had a Pina Colada or anything else with coconut flavor or coconut as it is, it kinda threw me off a little bit.
Now, with several tropical vacations under the belt, which is kind of a must have, when you are living in Seattle, I kinda get the feel of the coconut flavor in food and drinks other than Indian food and any time I make it at home, it reminds me of the vacations and brings back all those warm, sunshine-y memories. And that is exactly what this Coconut Lime Margarita will do to you too.
Think of the tropics, sun, sand and the beach and sip this, while in your living room or backyard and trust me, you will be as refreshed as back from a beach vacation. Yes, Coconut Lime Margaritas for the win.
How to make Coconut Lime Margaritas?
All the recipes I have seen for this use coconut cream and I wanted to test out a different recipe, so I tried it with some Coconut Milk that you would drink or use in your coffee. But it turned out to be not that packed with the coconut flavor and I loved it better when I finally gave in and made it with coconut cream instead.
To make Coconut Lime Margaritas, blend together coconut cream, freshly squeezed lime juice, lime zest, tequila, Cointreau or TripleSec, agave and ice cubes. That's it, it is as easy as that.
Coconut Lime Margaritas
- 5.4 oz coconut cream the small can
- 3 oz tequila
- 2 oz Cointreau / Triple Sec
- 1 oz agave nectar
- 1 lime
- 1 ½ cup ice cubes
- 2 tablespoon coarse salt
Don't forget to check out Step-by-step instructions with photos in the body of the post above
- Wash the lime, pat dry and zest it all. Reserve half of it to mix with the salt to rim the glasses.
- Cut the lime in halves and juice it.
- Add the coconut cream, tequila, cointreau / triple sec, agave nectar, juice of the lime and crushed ice to a blender jar and blend till smooth.
- Run the used lime half around the rim of the glasses. Mix the remaining lime zest and the salt together and spread it on a plate. Press the rim of the glasses onto it to get a salt and lime zest rim on it.
- Pour the coconut lime margarita into both the glasses. Enjoy. Cheers!
Love margaritas? We have more recipes!!