Delicious, refreshing and good-for-you drink. This immunity boosting juice has citrus, turmeric root, ginger root and honey and is loaded with vitamins and antioxidants. This is a must have drink in your everyday repertoire, especially during the winters and flu season.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information on this, please refer to my Affiliate and Advertising Disclosure here.
I believe in eating well and arming your body to cope with any seasonal illness or in general to be healthy. It is not always easy to eat a balanced meal at all times. We all know that with our busy schedules these days, many a times we choose to eat and feed our families something, anything really quickly. And it is totally ok.
On days/ weeks like that, I add this juice or a smoothie that is also filled with lots of good stuff, to our routine. Our family loves these Blueberry Almond Butter Smoothie, Strawberry Peach Smoothie and Oatmeal Date Smoothie.
I love serving my family this Immunity Boosting Citrus Juice, because
- It is delicious and loaded with vitamins and antioxidants, which helps boost your body’s immunity.
- It has Turmeric, and the curcumin in it has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- The Orange and Lemon in this is rich in Vitamin C, which is also an antioxidant and helps with reducing cell damage.
- It has Ginger, which also has great anti-inflammatory properties
- It has Honey, which is an antiseptic and antibacterial.
How to make Immunity Boosting Juice with Citrus, Turmeric and Ginger
- Prepare the ingredients by peeling the oranges (if you are using whole oranges instead of juice), scrubbing the ginger, scrubbing and peeling the turmeric root and juicing the lemon.
- Combine and blend all the ingredients in a powerful blender like the Vitamix.
- Serve cold.
- Use a high powered blender like the Vitamix or Blendtec, so there is no need to strain anything.
- You can add a pinch of black pepper to this at the end, as the black pepper helps the curcumin in the turmeric to absorb better.
- You can add celery, greens or any other fruit or vegetable to this as well.
- If fresh turmeric root is hard to find, use good quality organic turmeric powder.
- I would use fresh ginger for this and not ground ginger or skip it, if you don't have it.
Immunity Boosting Citrus Juice with Turmeric and Ginger
- 2 cups orange juice freshly squeezed preferred
- 1 apple cored and sliced
- 2 inch turmeric root peeled and roughly sliced
- 1 inch ginger scrubbed and roughly sliced
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup ice
- Add all the ingredients to a high powdered blender and blend till smooth.
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately.