This refreshing sangria with summer berries also doubles up as a great drink – red, white and blue sangria to make for a crowd for your 4th of July celebrations. Rest assured, no one at your party will be thirsty!
This post may contain affiliate links
Summer is all about parties, cook outs, relaxing time out in the backyard – all with a refreshing drink to help you beat the heat. Add some fresh fruits that are in season and you’ve got summer in a glass!
This summer berry sangria that is also a red,white and blur sangria, just in time for the Independence day celebrations, is not only pretty but also super tasty, sweet and refreshing all at the same time! You could use any other fruit for the white but I just sliced up the strawberries and used the insides as the white component. I also cut them up into little stars with these mini star cutters!
If you love this recipe, you should definitely try some of our other summer coolers:
- Mango Margaritas with Ginger and Mint
- Orange Bourbon Smash
- Grilled Pineapple Chilie Margarita
- Blueberry Grapefruit Mojito Slushies
- Guava Mint Mimosa
- Pear Ginger Fizz
- Blood Orange Mimosas with Rosemary and Vanilla
If you want some non-alcoholic options, we’ve got some great one too!
- Peach Lemonade
- Watermelon Ginger Masala Lime Soda
- Mango Iced Tea Lemonade
- Saffron Mango Lassi
- Mixed Berry Rose Lassi
- Minty Peach Lassi
Summer Berry Sangria
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 6-8 strawberries
- 1 bottle Moscato chilled
- 1 lime
- 1/2 cup vodka / rum
- Wash the blueberries and raspberries, pat them dry and keep aside.
- Hull the strawberries and slice them. Optionally, cut little stars out of them with this mini star cookie cutter.
- Add the fruits to a pitcher. Juice the lime into the pitcher and add the moscato and rum or vodka to the pitcher and mix well. Serve immediately.
And don’t you love that cute berry basket?! I wash and pat dry the berries and store them in the refrigerator in these baskets. That way the kiddo can help himself to them, anytime he wants berries for a snack.